Monday, February 20, 2012

Currently Reading Episode 9



First off, i'd like to mention that the title of this partly inspired the title of my blog, so I owe Kagan McLeod a thank you for that. 
This is amazing. It's a love letter to classic kung fu movies, blaxploitation, zombies, and general awesome shit.  I had so much fun reading this, it was a real treat. There are probably a couple references that are lost even on me, as I don't think I quite qualify as a Kung Fu Connoisseur yet, but i'm working on it. There's an obvious reference to the Shaw Brothers Five Deadly Venoms film, which I dig greatly. Since he both wrote and drew it, it's a more realized singular vision, instead of a marriage between writer and artist. I hope he produces more like this. I'd be fine with that.
4/5


here's a podcast with Kagan McLeod, done by the always awesome dudes at WRA: Chris Sims and that other guy:


good podcasts in general yo

No comments:

Post a Comment