Monday, January 16, 2012

Appreciating the craft...

I've been re-reading Jonathan Hickman's Marvel work, specifically his runs on Fantastic Four/FF and S.H.I.E.L.D, and sweet jeebus, is it great stuff. I've said it before, but he is currently my favorite writer and in my humble opinion, the most brilliant and talented writer in comics currently. I've tried to turn all my friends on to his work, with much success.


Genius.

 He's a talent on the level of an Alan Moore, or Grant Morrison. But enough of the nut-hugging. I'm going to do some blogs on those aforementioned books, hopefully soon, while its fresh in my mind. School starts this week, so we'll see how much time I can allocate to blogging. I've also been working on some of my own stuff again, THANKFULLY. I hope to have some stuff done by the end of the year. That's a pretty reasonable goal. I'd like to get a table at C2E2 next year possibly.

Oh, and i'm holding off on buying a PS3/Xbox 360/Wii until I finish my first manuscript. Which means i'm going to continue to be five years behind in videogames. Eh.

I hope to make 2012  my most productive year yet. It's about damn time.

No comments:

Post a Comment