Sunday, July 10, 2011

Currently Reading: Episode Two




I made the mistake of buying this for my brother, not for myself, as a christmas gift last year. (i think?) I mean, the mistake was that i didn't read it first. As it stands, it's probably the best christmas gift i've ever gotten anyone. I finally read his copy when i visited him in Philly this winter break, and dear god, it's a masterwork. Completely brilliant, poignant, stuff. As a cartoonist, Mazzuchelli is just schooling people. Literally. No, he like, teaches a class and shit. As a composition, it's entirely...stunning. It's the work of a master artist. Experience. He brings up some great questions and you can't help but feel inspired after reading it. I finally bought myself a copy last week and re read it and i'm ready to read it a third time. It might be the best thing i've ever read, quite frankly. It's definitely top 5 desert island.

Dear God it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment